Laminary respects your privacy, and any information we may collect across our website, Laminary.com, and other domains, endpoints or websites we own and operate. It is Laminary's policy to reasonably protect user data from misuse. However, due to the nature of services, your data could become inadvertently accessible if you misconfigure permissions or allow others to access your account. Laminary allows users to create public, private and / or semi-private data stores. While our policy is to take reasonable protective measures to secure your data, Laminary cannot completely eliminate the risk of data breach — especially due to user error. The only way to eliminate the risk of a breach is to never share that data with us — ever. Therefore, Laminary should not be used for highly sensitive information. Providing us sensitive data is "at your own risk" regardless of our technical capability, or lack thereof, to protect and / or permission the data.
Information we collect
When you visit our website, Laminary servers may automatically log standard data provided by your browser. This may include: IP address, browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details which could be used to identify you. Some of these systems may be automatic configurations, not intended to track you, but nevertheless able to assist in identifying or monitoring your behavior while using our website. Do not use our website if you wish to avoid data collection of this nature.
We may also collect data about the device you are using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they may make available to us. Again, do not use our website if you wish to avoid data collection of this nature.
We may ask for personal information, such as your:
- Name, Birthdate, Contact Information (e.g., Phone, Address)
- Payment Information and related Billing Detail Information
- Information you provide or generate through the services
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only if we have a bases for doing so. This depends on the services you use and how you use them. We collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us, or you authorize a third-party application);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to email notifications); or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place.) We do not keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we do retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Collection & Use
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to customise or personalise your experience of our website;
- to attribute any content (eg. posts and comments) you submit on our website;
- to process any transactional or ongoing payments;
- to deliver products and/or services to you;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, or similar;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits or services to you;
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and / or related entities; but also affiliates like sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; which includes third parties to collect and process data
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in United States, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the transfer of your information to oversea jurisdictions. You acknowledge that other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. This may mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws. Generally, we maintain a content delivery network for higher availability which necessitates moving or duplicating data closer to end-users which may be spread over very distant geographic locations.
You may delete your account and associated user provided data at any time. Our system will purge the content over time; however, daily, weekly or monthly (and long-term) backups may contain copies of your data at that particular period of time. These backup intervals will generally be overwritten, and your data will be completely erased from our system except: (i) where legal proceedings require a hold or sequestering of data, and / or (ii) where other users may have copied or otherwise used content or data you chose to share. In most circumstances, accounts and associated data are deleted immediately (except shared data) and backups overwritten in 30 days.
Upon acquisition or a transfer of assets, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.